Monday, November 14, 2011

A portrait? Sure, no problem


I was recently asked if I "do photography" while talking over a freelance job of redesigning a factsheet of young-adult author Ofer Aronskind. I immediately said yes, but then thought to myself, "does he mean professionally?" I'm always taking photos of my family, vacation scenes and of my garden, but I really haven't thought about taking it to a professional level. I have a nice camera and understand the basics of photography so, really, what was stopping me from tackling this? I had to at least give it a try. Ofer seemed like a nice guy and would work with me on this one.

The factsheet, which included cover images of the four books he has written since 2006, needed a fresh photo of him and the plan was to also use the photo for his upcoming book's back cover.

The above photos were the top selection out of a few dozen that I took at a local park on a beautiful day. Ofer ended up selecting the middle photo for the factsheet.

Click images for a larger view.


3 comments:

  1. What a great job on both the photography and the graphic design. Maybe you should take up photography as well as design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jeff! This turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two! I would like to do more photography and may have to get Amy to give me some pointers along the way!

    ReplyDelete